Non-poisonous, no heat, no fumes, no boiling. It does not attack live tissue nor inorganic materials, only organic waste (grease, food particles, paper, cotton and sewage) making it safe for people as well as plumbing and equipment.
Within an hour after pouring Bio-Clean onto a spill the bacteria begin to eat their way through the waste that has accumulated. This is their natural food. They digest the waste and spread throughout the spill cleaning it completely.
Treatment for sewage spills from backups, broken pipes, blow-back from cleanouts or even restaurant grease can be cleaned up using Bio-Clean. If the waste is wet, simply sprinkle Bio-Clean over the spill. There must be enough moisture present to get the Bio-Clean powder completely wet. If there is not a lot of moisture apply Bio-Clean dry and wet it down with a warm water or mix Bio-Clean with warm water in a bucket and pour over the entire area, cover as much of the spills surface area as possible. Use approximately 1 gallon of water per pound of Bio-Clean. (Do not let the mixture set for longer than 45 MINUTES before applying) Use plenty of Bio-Clean because the concentration of the waste will vary at each spill. Do not apply any chemicals before using Bio-Clean.
WHEN IS THE PROCESS COMPLETE?
Bio-Clean will completely digest the waste and break it down into carbon dioxide gas, mineral ash and water. This process can take from 48 hours up to 2 weeks depending on the size of the spill and the concentration of the waste involved. In every case you will notice the odors associated with the spill are gone within 24 hours of the application. When the spill is digested all that will remain is a powder residue (mineral ash) that can be simply swept up on concrete floors or left behind if the spill was on soil. At this point the mineral ash is completely safe for people, pets and the environment.